It is getting towards the end of the school holiday and many parents have now started preparing their kids ready for another year of school.
But did you know with children, the bones in their feet don’t fuse together until puberty, and they can undergo rapid development during their school age. They can often experience pain in their feet, ankles, shins or even in their knees. These are often overlooked by many parents as normal “growing pain”, however, they can have a serious effect on your children’s feet and their adult life if left attended.
You should bring your children for further investigation if you have noticed,
- Foot pain or any other lower limb pain that persists more than 48 hours
- Constantly tripping or falling over
- Concerning walking pattern
- Inability to participate in sports or physical activities
- Uneven wear pattern with their footwear
- Lumps or bumps on their feet
- Abnormal skin growth or rashes
It is still recommended to have your child assess by a podiatrist at least once a year even if they do not have any trouble with their feet and legs to ensure healthy development and maintaining their foot health. If your child is actively involved in sports, then it is even more important to have their feet checked regularly by a podiatrist as they undergo more stress and impact to their growing feet.
Call us now on 3800 9491 to book an appointment for your child to have them assessed by one of our experienced podiatrists.