As podiatrists, we have expert knowledge in all areas of the feet which allows us to assess and diagnose, treat and prevent ongoing problems.
With children, their bones don’t fuse together until puberty. There are some foot and leg conditions that may then present with pain or kids not keeping up with their friends.
Gait analysis, correct shoe fittings, orthosis treatment, and ongoing monitoring are some of the ways that podiatric care can positively change the lives of kids.
You should bring your kids to the podiatrist if
- noticing bumps and lumps on their feet or skin
- kids complaining of sore feet, ankles, knees or hips
- kids having trouble to walk, constant tripping, or unusual walking pattern (in-toeing, out-toeing, toe walking)
- kids actively involve in sports
- kids having trouble keeping up with their friends
- Poor foot posture (flat feet, high arches)
- uneven wearing with the sole of the shoes
- uncertain with footwear choices and fitting (school and sport shoes)