- “Patient” is a reference to the person contacted by the Practice through our Services, or a person who the Practice might choose to contact at some point in the future through the use of the Services. In most cases, a Patient is also a customer of the Practice.
- “Patient Information” means Personal Information and other information about Patients collected via the Practice (such as appointment records, consultation notes, prescription data and electronic medical records), information collected about how individual Patients have interacted with the Practice (such as device-specific information, click-stream data, location data, communications between the Practice and the Patient via the Services, survey data, etc) and financial-related information (such as invoices, payments, bank account information, government insurance data, private insurance data, and other financial data, etc.).
- “Personal Information” is information that identifies or can be used to identify an individual, directly or indirectly, such as first and last name, date of birth, email address, physical address, telephone number, gender or other demographic information.
- “Practice” is a reference to a specific health services clinic or practice who uses the Services and is a customer of Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking.
- “Services” means Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking’ s cloud-based patient communication and engagement tools.
- “User” or “you” is a reference to a Practice, Patient or visitor to the Website or any other person whose information is held by Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking, unless the context provides that only visitors, Practices or Patients are being referred to.
- “Website” means www.brisbanefootclinic.com.au or www. techspeaking.com.au and any other websites operated by Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking.
If you are a Patient and have any questions about how your Practice collects, stores or handles your information generally, please contact your relevant Practice directly.
COLLECTING NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION ON VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE
Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking collects non-Personal Information on Website visits by Users including, without limitation, which sections of the Website are most frequently visited, how often, and for how long. This data is always used as aggregated, non-Personal Information, and may be shared with Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking’s partners to provide them with information relating to how Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking visitors ‘use’ the Website.
Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking’s web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services, and to monitor the use of our Website, including the monitoring of the location of our users.
These cookies and scripts collect non-Personal Information such as preferences and click activity for measurement and for features such as remembering your details for ‘Auto Login’. If you do not wish to have cookies active whilst you browse the Website you can “opt out” by modifying the privacy options in your browser. However, doing so may prevent access to some areas of the Website or limit your use of some of the Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking Services.
Third Party Measurement
In order to better understand our users, Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking utilises third party measurement companies to assess Website and mobile Website traffic. A tracking code is used to collect the following information on the usage of the Website:
- The number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on the Website;
- The number of unique visitors to the Website;
- How long these unique visitors (on average) spend on the Website when they do visit; and
- Common entry and exit points into the Website.
This aggregated, non-Personal Information is collated and provided to Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking to assist in analysing the usage of the Website. This data is also accessible by media organisations and research companies, for the purpose of conducting industry comparisons with other Internet websites.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Practices use the Services provided by Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking to facilitate easier and more efficient communication with their Patients. In order to provide these Services to Practices, the Practice must provide us with Patient Information in relation to Patients of their Practice.
As the Practice uses the Services to communicate with Patients, we add to the information we have collected in relation to each Patient, and this becomes data part of the Patient Information.
We may also collect Personal Information (that is not Patient Information) through Users use of our Websites, or may collect it via offline communications (such as at events, or via telephone calls).
WHAT DOES BRISBANE FOOT CLINIC &TECH SPEAKING DO WITH MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Patient Information is only used to enable the Practice to communicate with Patients and staff of the Practice, including in relation to appointments, payments, updating your contact details, making insurance or other financial claims, conducting surveys, and the provision of medical information.
Personal Information (other than Patient Information) may be used to:
- contact you relating to your registration and/or account status or your use of the Services;
- for billing, account management and payment enquiries;
- to confirm or fulfill a customer service request you have made;
- to provide, maintain, develop, improve and protect our Services, Websites and business; and
- to generally maintain and develop our relationship with you.
We may not be able to do these things without your Personal Information.
If information is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer reasonably associated with an identified or identifiable natural person, Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking may use or disclose such information for any purpose.
IS PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARED OR DISCLOSED?
At times, we may share your Personal Information (including Patient Information) and Other Information with others for the following purposes:
- Suppliers and agents: Â either the Practice or Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking may employ other businesses, certain services and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include system analysis, storing data and providing support to our operations. They may have access to some personally identifiable information needed to perform their functions, but will never have access to Patient Information;
- Company reorganization: to a third party in the event of any reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- as we believe is necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
In no circumstances does Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking ever share Patient Information with any third party (other than the Practice) for any reason, other than for the purposes specified above.
If, at any time, the Practice ceases to be a customer of Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking, we will continue to retain such Patient Information in our database until we receive a deletion request from the Patient or the Practice.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking takes all reasonable steps to ensure the security of our system and to protect your information from misuse, interference and loss as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Your information is stored on high-security servers located in Australia, and is protected in accordance with Australian laws. We carefully select our data storage partners based primarily on their level of security, reliability and experience in the storage and treatment of data, including personal information.
In the event of a data breach, Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking is committed to complying in all respects with the requirements of all relevant privacy laws and where required, the provisions of the GDPR.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Though Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking does encrypt all information it transmits via the internet, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information transmitted via the Services; and any transmission is at your own risk.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any User is able to, at any time, request that Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking deletes any Personal Information or Patient Information (if the User is a Patient) held by us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If such request comes from a Patient, please be aware that we will also notify the Practice relevant to you of your request.
Patients should be aware that their Practice will also hold their Personal Information and should you wish to access that information or have it deleted this should be requested directly from that Practice.
We retain Patient Information both while the Practice is a customer of Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking and afterwards. We will delete Patient Information upon receipt of a deletion request from either the Patient or the Practice.
All other Personal Information is retained until such time as a User requests us to delete such Personal Information.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking may transfer your Personal Information (including Patient Information) to countries other than the one in which you live. If Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking transfers Personal Information originating from the European Union or Switzerland to other countries not deemed adequate under applicable data protection law, Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking will ensure the Practice agrees to Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking “Data Processing Addendum”, which is based on the European Union Model Clauses, also known as Standard Contractual Clauses, to meet the adequacy and security requirements for Practices that operate in the European Union, and other international transfers of Patient Information.
If you are a resident of the European Union for the purposes of the GDPR, then in addition to what is set out above, the following applies to you.
Identifying the Data Controller And Data Processor
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the “controller” and “processor” of information.
In general, the Practice is the controller of Patient Information.
In general, Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking is the processor of Patient Information and the controller of Personal Information that is not Patient Information.
Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Personal Information (including Patient Information), as well as the right to have Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking update, delete or correct this Information.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to exercise any of these rights, and remember that if you are a Patient, you should also contact your Practice.
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contacting Brisbane Foot Clinic & Tech Speaking